Evening trading session
The evening trading session is held from 7:00 pm – 11:50 pm MSK. During the session, all Moscow Exchange futures and options contracts are traded as usual. Trades executed during the session are cleared at 2:00 pm MSK during the next day"s intraday clearing session.
The evening trading session allows all investor categories to implement a range of interesting strategies and to protect their investments in Russian assets in case of sharp fluctuations on global markets.
Benefits to investors:
- Trades based on global news, thus mitigating the effect of morning gaps;
- Trades based on commodity price trends;
- Arbitrage strategies on global commodity and stock markets;
- Hedging investments in Russian shares traded as ADRs and GDRs on all global markets;
- Trading FX and hedging against its risks in the evening;
- Combining office work with stock market investing.
Benefits to brokers:
- Increased client loyalty;
- Expanded client base due to foreign clients and individuals who could not previously combine investing and work;
- Increased client activity and thus greater returns;
- Strengthened competitiveness against FX brokers;
- Evening investor training on the real market;
- Training for professionals (traders, brokers, risk managers, market makers, and dealers) on the real, but quieter, market.