For foreign issuers
Admission of foreign issuers' securities to trading
Admission of foreign securities to trading on Moscow Exchange is possible either via direct access or via issuing Russian depositary receipts representing foreign issuers' securities by inclusion of such securities to the List of securities admitted to trading (further – List).
1 "Recognized listing" – listing on the stock exchange that meets the criteria set by the bank of Russia
Foreign securities are admitted to placement and circulation in Russia under the following conditions:
- ISIN and CFI codes assigned
- Qualification as securities in accordance with the Bank of Russia regulations
- Absence of Russian legislative or foreign legal limitations restricting public circulation of foreign securities in Russia
- The securities are accepted for servicing by the settlement depositary2;
- Provision of the securities prospectus3;
Foreign securities of the following issuers may be admitted to trading in Russia:
- Foreign organisations established in states that are members of the OECD, MONEYVAL, Eurasian Economic Union, members or observers of FATF.
- Foreign organisations established in states with the relevant authorities of which the Bank of Russia has concluded agreements governing their cooperation. Due to the Bank of Russia joining IOSCO MMoU, list of such states was extended with IOSCO MMoU signatories
- Foreign states specified above or of those states’ central banks and administrative-territorial entities with separate legal capacity
- International financial organisations on the list approved by the Russian government
- Foreign organisations which securities have "recognized" listing
Requirements and limitations for securities intended for qualified investors apply to foreign securities not admitted to public placement and (or) circulation and to foreign financial instruments that are not qualified as securities.
Documents on listing of foreign securities
- Listing Rules of Public Joint-Stock Company "Moscow Exchange MICEX-RTS"
- Rules and requirements for content and scope of foreign issuers’ prospectuses
- List of rating agencies and credit ratings level for inclusion and maintenance of bonds in Level 1 (in Russian)
- Schedule of lists, markets, segments of foreign exchanges which make Russian depositary receipts, shares and depositary receipts on shares of foreign issuers included therein qualify for the inclusion in Level 2 (in Russian)
- Schedule of lists, markets, segments of foreign exchanges which make bonds and depositary receipts on bonds of foreign issuers included therein qualify for the inclusion in Level 2 (in Russian)
- Templates and recommended forms of documents on listing issues (in Russian)
- Manual for the Issuer’s Account system (in Russian)
- Notice of risks associated with purchasing foreign securities
- Notice of risks associated with purchasing foreign notes