Moscow Exchange sets Annual General Meeting date for 27 April
At its meeting on 3 March 2016, the Supervisory Board of Moscow Exchange (MOEX) decided to hold the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) on 27 April 2016 and approved the AGM agenda.
The AGM record date is 16 March 2016.
The Board recommended that the AGM determine the distribution of 2015 profit. The Board also recommended that shareholders approve a dividend for 2015 of RUB 7.11 per share. The total recommended dividend is RUB 16.2 bln, or 58.2% of the company's IFRS net profit for 2015. The proposed dividend record date is 16 May 2016. The dividend is expected to be paid no later than 20 June 2016.
The Board approved the following list of candidates nominated by shareholders for Moscow Exchange's 12-member Supervisory Board to be elected at the AGM:
- Alexander Afanasiev, CEO, Executive Board Chairman, Moscow Exchange.
- Mikhail Bratanov, Head of Societe Generale Securities Services in Russia and CIS, Head of Securities Services Department, ROSBANK, independent candidate.
- Yury Denisov, Deputy Chairman of Supervisory Board, NCC Clearing Bank, non-executive candidate.
- Sean Glodek, Deputy General Director, member of the Management Board of Russian Direct Investment Fund, non-executive candidate.
- Andrey Golikov, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Moscow Exchange, non-executive candidate.
- Valery Goreglyad, Chief Auditor, Bank of Russia, non-executive candidate.
- Anatoly Karachinsky, President, IBS Group, independent candidate.
- Alexey Kudrin, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Moscow Exchange, non-executive candidate.
- Duncan Paterson, independent candidate.
- Rainer Riess, Director General, Federation of European Securities Exchanges AISBL, independent candidate.
- Yuan Wang, independent candidate.
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Sberbank, non-executive candidate.
- Mariya Gordon, member of the Supervisory Board, ALROSA, independent candidate.
- Oleg Zhelezko, member of the Board of Directors, Investment Company IT Invest, non-executive candidate.
It also approved the list of candidates nominated by shareholders to the Revision Commission:
- Vladislav Zimin, Advisor, Bank of Russia.
- Mikhail Kireev, Senior Expert of Investment Department, RDIF.
- Olga Romantsova, Head of Financial Market Operations Audit, Sberbank.
The Board amended the Exchange Council Provisions and endorsed Arsen Aivasov, General Director, Finam, to be a member of the Exchange Council. Arsen Aivasov will replace Sergey Lukyanov, also from Finam.
The new members of the Exchange several user committees were appointed.
The Board terminated the authority of Andrey Shemetov, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board of Moscow Exchange, with effect from 9 March 2016.
The Board also recommended that shareholders approve a number of upcoming related-party transactions, specifically deals to deposit temporarily available funds with Sberbank and NCC Clearing Bank, foreign exchange transactions with NCC Clearing Bank, agreements on Moscow Exchange"s participation in the guarantee fund formed by NCC Clearing Bank as well as D&O liability insurance agreements with regards to Supervisory Board members and officers of the Exchange and its subsidiaries.
Other items on the AGM agenda include: adopting new versions of Moscow Exchange's charter, Supervisory Board by-laws, provisions for the general meeting of shareholders, Supervisory Board members' remuneration and compensation provisions and Revision Commission provisions. Shareholders were also recommended to approve the Company's external auditor for 2016 and to determine remuneration to members of the Supervisory Board and Revision Commission.
For further information, please contact the Public Relations Department at (495) 363-3232.