Moscow Exchange recommends candidates for Supervisory Board
On 15 February 2019 the Moscow Exchange Supervisory Board approved a slate of Supervisory Board candidates for the coming year. Seven of the 12 nominated candidates would be Independent Directors, exceeding the requirements of Moscow Exchange’s Listing Rules and the recommendations of the Corporate Governance Code.
Election of a new 12-member Supervisory Board will take place at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) in late April 2019. The AGM date and agenda will be approved at a Supervisory Board meeting in early March, the date of which will be announced in due course. Shareholders holding at least 2% of Moscow Exchange shares may nominate candidates for the new Board through 1 March 2019.
In line with best practice in corporate governance, the Supervisory Board's Nomination and Remuneration Committee has considered the mix of experience, skills and professional reputation of potential candidates for the Board. Based on the Nomination and Remuneration Committee’s recommendations, the Supervisory Board nominated the following candidates to the Board:
- Ilya Bakhturin, Director, Special Investment Situations, Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF). Non-executive Director candidate.
- Mikhail Bratanov, Head of the Securities Services Department at Rosbank, Head of Société Generale Securities Services in Russia and CIS. Independent Director.
- Yury Denisov, Chairman of the Supervisory Board at National Clearing Center. Non-Executive Director.
- Dmitry Eremeev, Founder and President, FIX. Independent Director candidate.
- Andrey Golikov, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board at Moscow Exchange. Non-executive Director.
- Maria Gordon, Independent Director at ALROSA. Independent Director.
- Valery Goreglyad, Chief Auditor at Bank of Russia. Non-executive Director.
- Alexander Izosimov, CEO, DRCAdvisors AB. Independent Candidate.
- Duncan Paterson, Corporate Secretary, Talent First Limited. Independent Director.
- Rainer Riess, Director General at the Federation of European Securities Exchanges (FESE). Independent Director.
- Oleg Vyugin, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Securities Market Participants (NAUFOR). Independent Director.
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board at Sberbank. Non-Executive Director.
Dmitry Eremeev, an Independent Candidate, is nominated to MOEX’s Supervisory Board for the first time. Ilya Bakhturin of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) is nominated to replace the RDIF’s Anatoly Braverman on the Board. All other candidates are current Board members.