Updated MOEX Indices calculation methodology registered
On 3 December 2019, the Bank of Russia registered the updated methodology for the calculation of MOEX’s equity indices. Key changes to the methodology include:
- An option has been introduced for foreign shares and DRs to be on the list for inclusion into the indices for up to six months;
- Sectoral indices may now have less than ten companies;
- The company weight in the Innovation Index has been set to 30%;
- Old names of the indices which were valid during the transitional period following the introduction of the MOEX Russia Index brand have been cancelled; and
- Approaches envisaged in the methodology will be revised on an annual basis.
Some editorial changes are made throughout the text. For the full version of the updated methodology, please follow this link.
The date the updated Methodology take effect will be announced in due course.