Trading participant requirements
Access to trading may be granted to:
- Banks resident in Russia:
- Holding a CBR licence to conduct banking operations in RUB and FX for at least six months prior to their application for access to trading (to participate in FX trading);
- Holding a CBR licence to conduct banking operations in RUB and FX, and a CBR licence to attract to deposits and place precious metals for at least six months prior to their application for access to trading (to participate in precious metals trading).
- Nonbanking Russian residents under the following conditions:
- Nonbanks should be professional securities market participants holding a licence to conduct broker and/or dealer operations and/or securities management operations issued by the authorised federal authority;
- Nonbanks should have own funds of at least RUB 180,000,000.
- State corporations with the right to conduct the following banking operations in Russia:
- Sale-purchase of FX in accordance with Russian legislation (to participate in FX trading);
- Sale-purchase of precious metals in accordance with Russian legislation (to participate in precious metals trading).
- Nonresident banks that meet the following conditions:
- Nonresident banks should be resident in a Eurasian Economic Community country that has signed a cooperation agreement on organising an integrated FX market in the Eurasian Economic Community;
- An international agreement should exist between the CBR and central bank or other authority of the nonresident bank's country on cooperation and information support for participants in the Eurasian Economic Community's integrated FX market;
- Nonresident banks should have permission (a licence) from their central bank or other authority to provide banking and FX operations in accordance with the home country's laws) or all of banking and FX operations and metals precious operations in accordance with national legislation.
- International organisations established in accordance with international agreements with Russia and having the right to conduct banking operations including FX operations (in the case of FX operations) and /or precious metals operations (in the case of precious metals operations) in Russia in accordance with Russian law.
Please submit any suggestions and queries via our feedback form.
We value your opinions, and will respond to queries.