Moscow Exchange announces result of AGM
Moscow Exchange held its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) on 28 April 2015. Shareholders approved the company"s annual report for 2014, FY 2014 financial statements and distribution of profit, including dividends for FY 2014.
As recommended by the Supervisory Board, shareholders voted to pay a dividend for 2014 of RUB 8.82 bln, or 55.12% of consolidated IFRS net profit, which equates to RUB 3.87 per ordinary share. Dividends will be paid no later than 16 June this year. The record date has been set at 12 May.
The shareholders also approved the new composition of the Supervisory Board, with 15 directors including five independent directors, as follows:
- Nicola Beattie, Senior Executive Director, NBXC (non-executive director);
- Mikhail Bratanov,Head of Societe Generale Securities Services for Russia and CIS, Head of Securities Services Department at Rosbank (independent director);
- Wang Yuan (independent director);
- Sean Glodek, Director, Russian Direct Investment Fund (non-executive director);
- Andrey Golikov, Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors, National Securities Market Association (non-executive director);
- Valery Goreglyad, Chief Auditor, Bank of Russia (non-executive director);
- Yury Denisov, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board, National Clearing Center (non-executive director);
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Sberbank (non-executive director);
- Anatoly Karachinsky, President, IBS Group (independent director);
- Alexey Kudrin, Dean of the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences, St. Petersburg State University (non-executive director);
- Sergei Lykov, Executive Board Deputy Chairman, Vnesheconombank (non-executive director);
- Reiner Riess, Director General, Federation of European Securities Exchanges (independent director);
- Andrey Sharonov, Dean of the Moscow School of Management Skolkovo (independent director);
- Kirill Shershun, Executive Board First Deputy Chairman, CentroCredit (non-executive director);
- Alexander Afanasiev, CEO, Moscow Exchange.
At its first meeting today, the newly appointed Supervisory Board re-elected Alexey Kudrin as Chairman, with Andrey Golikov re-elected to the post of Deputy Chairman.
Shareholders also approved a reduction in the number of Supervisory Board members to 12, to be elected at the 2016 AGM.
Alexander Afanasiev was re-elected as CEO / Chairman of the Executive Board for next three years.
Shareholders approved the company"s new business name as Public Joint Stock Company Moscow Exchange MICEX-RTS to meet the standards of the Russian Civil Code, as well as a new version of the company"s Charter. The new business name and Charter will take effect from the day the registration authority records the new version of the Charter.
Shareholders also adopted new versions of the company"s Provisions on the General Meeting of Shareholders, the Supervisory Board, and remuneration and reimbursement of expenses for Supervisory Board members. Remuneration for Supervisory Board and Revision Commission members for 2014 were also approved.
The shareholders approved the composition of the Revision Commission, which comprises three members.
Ernst & Young Vneshaudit was again appointed as independent auditor for 2015.
The shareholders also approved a number of related-party transactions.
About Moscow Exchange
Moscow Exchange Group manages the sole multifunctional exchange platform in Russia for equities, bonds, derivative instruments, currencies, money market instruments and commodities. The Group includes the central depository (National Settlement Depository), and a clearing centre (National Clearing Centre), performing the functions of central counterparty on the markets, which allows Moscow Exchange to render the full spectrum of trading and post-trading services to its clients.
Moscow Exchange ranks among the world's top 25 exchanges by total volume of equities traded, and also among the 10 largest exchange platforms by bonds and derivatives trading. As of 1 April 2015 securities of 730 issuers are admitted to trading on the securities market of Moscow Exchange, including securities of the largest Russian companies by market capitalization.
Moscow Exchange was formed in December 2011 as a result of a merger between Russia's two main exchange groups - MICEX Group, the oldest domestic exchange and operator of the leading securities, foreign exchange and money market platform in Russia; and RTS Group, at the time the operator of Russia's leading derivatives market. This combination created a vertically integrated public trading market across most major asset classes, which was reorganized into an open joint stock company (OJSC) and was named Moscow Exchange. Moscow Exchange held the initial public offering of its shares on 15 February 2013 (ticker MOEX).
Moscow Exchange ContactsMoscow PR: Lev Bystrov IR: Sergey Klinkov
+7 495 363 3232 +7 495 363 3232
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com London Peter Morley
+44 7927 186645 firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact the Public Relations Department at (495) 363-3232.